For 15-18 year olds, Cambridge Dream has recently launched a new Advanced Academic Studies Programme. The timetable will include:
- university visits to Oxford University, Warwick University/Business School and 2 London Universities
- expert subject tuition in 5 specialist subject areas
- university admissions presentations
- talks by professionals working in each subject area
- university preparation and application support (personal statements, interviews, admissions test practice, essay-writing, personal development and career planning, etc.),
- leadership workshops (communication, critical thinking, confidence-building, independent study, creativity and problem-solving)
5 specialist subject areas
At registration, students select the subject they are most interested in advancing their knowledge of, from a choice of:
- Business and Economics
- Philosophy and Psychology
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
Hands-on projects, professional talks, visits and interactive workshops
Throughout the programme, the students will work with their tutors on projects and case studies relevant to their chosen specialist subject, both individually and in teams. They will also take part in subject-specific visits and have talks from professionals practising in their chosen subject area to find out more about what it is really like to work in this field.
In the final session they will present the results of their research and project work and receive feedback from their tutors. This offers an exceptional opportunity to gain introductory university-level insights that go beyond the school syllabus and to discover particular areas of interest that they can explore confidently during their university applications.