It is with regret that we have made the decision to cancel our residential Summer Schools for 2021.
Our latest Coronavirus update can be found here.
Please stay safe and we hope to see you in Cambridge next summer.
Why you should attend a Cambridge Dream programme
The subject knowledge, skills and personal development you gain from attending a Cambridge Dream programme will help you achieve your dream of becoming a successful student at a top University in the UK, US or wherever you decide to apply.
Course attendees study, eat and sleep in the same college rooms used by full-time students at the University in term time. They are taught by University academics, qualified teachers and expert trainers, both inside and outside the classroom. The programme comprises a stimulating mix of small-group subject tuition, interactive workshops, lectures, personal mentoring, supervisions (subject-specific discussion groups), professional talks, study visits, projects and team challenges.
Participants are mentored by current Cambridge Undergraduates (student mentors), who share their experiences of what it is like to apply to and study at a top university. They also receive professional careers and admissions guidance and advice about subject choices and what universities are looking for in a successful candidate.
In small classes with their student mentors, the older students (15-18 years only) also practise writing a personal statement and answering interview questions to help prepare for their university applications.
When attendees are not busy studying, they can enjoy an exciting variety of social activities such as punting on the River Cam and cultural visits to Cambridge colleges, museums, art galleries and theatres, as well as excursions to London, Oxford and other famous attractions.
A truly distinctive aspect of the Cambridge Dream programme is our integration of international students with British school students. We collaborate with schools in the Cambridge area to enable British students to join us for the summer school. In 2019, we had over 90 students enrolled for either one or two weeks.
The British school students attend all the daytime workshops and lectures, working in mixed teams with our international participants, as well as joining in some evening activities and excursions. Integrated classes and activities are of significant benefit to all the participants, as both the local Cambridge students and overseas students gain from shared learning and increased cultural understanding. Of course, they also have lots of fun interacting in a variety of settings, from robotics and 3D printing to performing Shakespeare and Scottish dancing.
Overall Aim Of The Programme
The overall aim of the programme is to help participants extend their subject knowledge and develop leadership, learning and life skills, which are valued by top universities and employers worldwide.
Ten Reasons to choose Cambridge Dream
- Directed by Cambridge scholars and mentored by Cambridge Undergraduates.
- Integration with British students from local Cambridge schools.
- High-calibre academic teaching faculty, including Cambridge and Oxford academics.
- Advice about what top world universities look for in successful applicants.
- Full, diverse programme of inspiring, thought-provoking tuition, lectures and confidence-building workshops.
- Opportunity to develop 21st century skills for academic and career success.
- Visits to several Cambridge and Oxford Colleges.
- Magnificent cultural attractions such as Buckingham Palace, British Museum and Cambridge Shakespeare Festival.
- Exciting social activities, including a garden party and croquet on the college lawn, a traditional dancing evening (ceilidh), chauffeured punting and formal ‘silver service’ dinner in college.
- A safe and secure introduction to student life in one of the highest-ranking world universities.