Cambridge Dream Online
Our virtual summer courses have now ended and we are currently excitedly planning our amazing immersive academic 2-week summer programmes in Cambridge University for Summer 2021. Our first commitment is always to the health and safety of our students and staff and this will remain central to our planning.
In the meantime, the unique, life-changing Cambridge Dream experience does not stop here! We continue to offer year-round online tailored support (in small groups or one-to-one), through webinars, video calls, personal consultations and email, to help you succeed on your pathway to a top university, either at Undergraduate or Masters level.
We have an excellent track record. Many of the students we have supported, online and face-to-face, have successfully applied for and completed undergraduate and graduate studies at top-ranking universities in the UK and overseas, including Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Imperial, Kings, Manchester and Durham, and have gone on to have high-flying careers in finance, academia, medicine, law, science, engineering, government, business, education, media, creative industries and many other fields. Feedback from our students, parents, teachers and inspectors can be found here.
University Application Services
Our services encompass every aspect of the university preparation process, whether you are a young student starting out on your journey or you are in the final years of high school getting ready to submit your application. We offer a free initial 20-minute consultation with parents and students to discuss your personal requirements for any of our online university preparation services, including:
- Individual student assessments with tailored recommendations for university application preparation planning
- Coaching for applications to Oxbridge and other top competitive universities
- Guidance about UK university selection and degree subject choices
- Top tips on the admission process and how to prepare for each element of a successful application
- Personal statement review, guidance and editing to highlight your strengths and help you present yourself in the best possible light
- Interview practice and feedback relating to students’ chosen subject areas, including pre-interview guidance, mock interviews and tailored recommendations for improvement
- Advice about wider reading, enrichment activities, volunteering, work experience and profile building relating to students’ chosen subject areas to provide essential evidence required for applications to UK universities.
Participants are matched with tutors with experience of their desired subject area. As a result, they have the opportunity to ask questions, and explore ideas and options, which enables them to make informed decisions and prepares them for applying to university. Teaching staff are uniquely qualified to support the participants as they have the experience, not only of the subject but also of the university.
Personal Statements (for School Years 12 and 13)
A personal statement is a compulsory requirement for all UK university applications. If it is really well written, it can secure you an all-important university interview or even an immediate offer.
We provide one-to-one support to edit and improve up to 3 drafts of your personal statement. We will start by asking you to provide some information about yourself and a recent academic transcript. Drawing on this background information we will review your existing personal statement and make specific suggestions for improvements or offer expert guidance for writing a first draft if you have not already written this. All our comments and corrections are tracked to enable you to fully understand the proposed changes and to ‘own’ your work. You can decide which changes to accept or ask for further clarification if needed.
Our expert guidance includes:
- Understanding what admissions tutors in top universities are looking for
- Providing guidelines and tips for writing an outstanding personal statement
- Correcting spelling and grammatical errors, such as use of punctuation
- Rewording sentences and improving the structure and flow of paragraphs
- Ensuring a consistent, formal style of writing and improving vocabulary and tone
- Checking the content is concise, relevant and highlights your personal strengths, motivation and suitability
- Recommending additional content that could be included.
We will also show you how to write a strong introduction and conclusion.
Interview Preparation and Practice (for School Years 12 and 13)
Candidates for Oxford, Cambridge and many other competitive UK universities and courses, such as medicine, will need to attend an interview (either in person or by video) with an Admissions Tutor in the subject they have applied for.
We can provide individual subject-specific guidance and practice to help you prepare for your university interview(s) and perform at your best.
Our tailored one-to-one interview support includes:
- Understanding how different UK universities use interviews to select candidates
- Providing guidelines and tips for answering difficult questions and enhancing your confidence and technique, including behaviour and body language
- A 30-minute subject-specific mock interview covering typical university interview questions, including Oxbridge and Russell Group universities as required
- Personal feedback about your mock interview and constructive suggestions for enhancing your performance.
We are looking for all-round intellectual ability alongside academic curiosity and commitment.
We’re very interested in thought processes, in candidates being able to explain why they think what they think.
Fees for our bespoke online services start at £50 for weekly coaching.
We offer a free initial 20-minute consultation to discuss each student’s individual requirements and will quote an exact total fee in advance, based on the amount of expert time and input needed to achieve the student’s desired outcomes.
Package discounts are available for multiple services purchased together.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss your requirements for any of our online services.
Laura Davies, MA (Cantab)
Lead Provider of Cambridge Dream’s University Preparation Services and Principal of the Cambridge Summer School